Thursday, October 8, 2009

More Web Tools for Work or Play

I found two tools that I like. The first is Wordnik, a dictionary with graphics. You can enter a word in the search box and find definitions from several dictionaries. The American Heritage definitions are brief, and the Century Dictionary definitions are short essays. I entered architecture and some beautiful images from Flickr also appear. You can also post your own images to the site.

The second fun tool is Guess the Wordle. I entered my guess on today's Wordle, and I'll check out the correct answer later. This site is appropriate for elementary teachers, so I may be able to use it with ESL.

2 comments:

  1. That's great! I'll be curious to know how you use it/them. Keep me posted. Maybe I'll get an idea from you for something I can do in my class.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way ahead of me, but I'll keep trying!

    ReplyDelete